Claims must be filed within 10 days of injury
WCL Section 110(4), the Board may impose a penalty up to $2,500 against an employer who repeatedly refuses or neglects to file First Report of Injury.
Filing NYSIF Work Comp Claims
- The electronic first report of injury report (eFroi) is a legal document and YOUR statement regarding the alleged accident. Do not let the injured worker complete form on your behalf.
- We suggest you phrase accident details with “injured worker alleges….” Or “injured worker claims…..”.
- If the accident occurred on a construction OCIP/CCIP job the claim would be reported to the OCIP/CCIP Carrier not NYSIF.
- Provide copy of Claimant Packet to the injured worker upon filing the claim.
- Once the eFroi is submitted it will get routed to us and NYSIF for handling. Please forward any supporting documents to claims@Keevily.com