Having an uncluttered manufacturing floor is key for workplace safety. Beyond tidiness, good housekeeping practices can reduce the risk of accidents and establish good working habits.
To achieve these goals, your company should consider implementing specific housekeeping rules. While these rules will differ from workplace to workplace, they should encourage:
- Keeping walking and working surfaces clean and dry at all times
- Repairing leaks, carpet snags and floor cracks immediately
- Keeping platforms and stairways in good repair
- Stacking materials in such a way that they are stable and won’t fall on workers
- Clearing obstructions from aisles and exits
These simple initiatives can go a long way toward ensuring employee safety on your manufacturing floor. For more safety strategies, contact Keevily Spero Whitelaw Inc. today.