Accident investigations are a critical part of your safety procedures and Workers’Compensation program.
An in-house accident investigation will provide the following benefits:
- Secure witness and injured worker statements.
- Provides evidence against fraudulent or denied claims.
- Preserves the accident scene at the time of the loss.
- Obtains valuable information for any 3rd party recovery efforts.
- Provide trend information for identifying problem areas.
- Document corrective action taken to prevent future accidents.
In the following links you can find a complete Workers' Comp Accident Investigation presentation and forms that can help you to provide a safe work environment, prevent accidents, decrease your workers' comp premium, and comply with OSHA standards.